To our valued customers: We are open and ready to serve you and are taking necessary precautions with your health and safety in mind.
Dear Valued Customer:
In this time of uncertainty, our first priority is the wellbeing of our customers and associates. Like you, we are deeply concerned and want to do everything we can to help keep our communities and our families safe and healthy.
What We're Doing:
We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our customers, staff, and communities. From everyone here at COLOR STORE, we thank you for your support and understanding.
Stay well, stay safe.
The following suggestions will help make any exterior painting project easier.
• Place drop cloths under areas being painted to protect plants, patio furniture, etc.
• Check surfaces to be painted for cracks, depressions, and other imperfections and correct the problems as needed.
• Clean off dust, dirt, chalk residue, and mildew from surfaces to be painted.
• Prime surfaces.
Paint Application Tips:
• You can paint at surface temperatures as low as 40º F (5º C).
• Begin painting on the side of the house that will remain in the shade until you are done, as direct sun causes rapid drying.
• Work from the top down when painting shingle surfaces.
• Work from side to side for clapboard surfaces.
• Paint trim and window frames last.
• Allow paint to dry completely before touching up or re-coating.
• When you need to take a break, wrap brushes, rollers, and paint trays with plastic wrap to keep paint from hardening or developing a skin, and put the lids on open cans of paint
• Soaking brushes and rollers in soapy water loosens the paint and makes them easier to rinse clean.
• If there is a little paint left in the can once you’ve finished painting, let it dry in the can before disposing of it in your local can recycling center.
Cleanup TipsContact Us